Texting may be acceptable when you:
• Want to schedule a meeting or check someone’s availability.
• Are asking or answering a simple, single question, espe- cially when only a yes or no answer is required.
• Have an emergency that has kept you from work.
• Will be late for an appointment or meeting.
Don’t text when you are:
- Having a long, two-way conversation. You should pick up the phone or talk face-to-face.
- Writing long, complex questions or long answers.
- Angry, aggravated, annoyed, or upset—the messages you send could be misunderstood For example, what does it mean if I include this emoticon 🙁 in my text message? Am I sad, upset, angry, or irate?