DRESS RULES FOR THE WORKPLACE
- If you wear it to the beach, don’t wear it to work.
- If you wear it to the bar on Saturday night, don’t wear it in the of ce.
- Cheap suits are easy to spot. Make an investment in a well- tted suit. A modestly priced suit can be tailored to t well making it appear to be much higher quality.
- If it’s in Vogue or Details, it’s probably not appropriate for the office– unless you work in the fashion industry.
- Be current in style and age appropriate in your choices. Your business dress should be noticed for the right reasons and quickly forgotten.
- Avoid sloppiness, rips, and stains in any type of clothing and shoes.
- Don’t wear a more expensive watch or carry a more expensive handbag than your boss. It sends the wrong message- i.e., “I don’t need this job.”