15 Things Successful Professionals Do: Part 2 of 3
Continuing with our list. . .
6) Connect the dots – Consider the big picture and where your career fits in your company, industry and the worldwide economy at this moment in time, in addition to, the past and the future.
We often need to lose sight of our priorities in order to see them. ~ John Irving, Author
7) Display realistic optimism – There will be plenty of opportunities in your career to be optimistic (or pessimistic) depending on which you choose. Choose wisely.
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. ~Winston Churchill, Politician
8) Continued improvement – Throughout your career, there is one constant which is YOU. Be the best professional you can be.
Formal education will make you a living; self-education will make you a fortune. ~Jim Rohn, Entrepreneur
9) Commit – Your commitment to a task, the project, your job and your organization is being measured everyday by your subordinates, peers, colleagues, managers, share holders, customers and clients. If it is not 100%, others will know it.
The man who will use his skill and constructive imagination to see how much he can give for a dollar, instead of how little he can give for a dollar, is bound to succeed. ~Henry Ford
10) Be alert – Opportunities in your career won’t always find you. Be on the look out and willing to create opportunities for yourself.
If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door. ~Milton Berle, Comedian & Actor
Stay tuned for “15 Things Successful Professionals Do: Part 3 of 3” next week.