Career Ready Coaching
Many college students and recent graduates struggle to navigate the transition from college to career. In fact, only 11% of business leaders strongly agree that recent college graduates are “career ready”—meaning they have the skills and competencies their workplace needs, according to a national Gallup poll.
Parents and students alike expect that a college degree will lead to a satisfying full-time job upon graduation. In today’s competitive environment, a college degree is not enough by itself and many graduates face the prospects of being underemployed or unemployed after college.
Adding to this challenge, college and university career centers are understaffed with the average ratio of career center staff to student is 1 to 1,765. Only half (52%) of U.S. graduates report visiting the career services office at least once during the undergraduate experience according to the Gallup-Purdue Index Report and 39% say they have never visited their school’s career services office. More than 60% of college students surveyed say college career centers are either never or rarely effective at helping them land a job.
Is it any surprise that students and recent graduates face a challenging situation? Career Ready Coaching can help. . .
Career Ready Coaching Benefits:
- Provide one-to-one career coaching that builds confidence and empowers students/graduates to take control of their own college to career transition
- Establish external accountability in the job search process
- Provide a truly objective assessment of strengths and weaknesses – parents cannot be 100% objective about their own child
- Provide an expert assessment of current career skills vs. employer and industry expectations
- Build and practice key career and interview skills which increases confidence for the interview process
- Protect the personal relationship between parents and adult-aged children while providing support for this important transition
How Career Ready Coaching helps students and recent graduates:
- Develop your internship or job search strategy and a personalized, action-oriented plan
- Help you prepare for, practice and ace the interview process
- Assist you in discovering your “why” and crafting your value proposition for employers
- Discover and maximize the use of (free) on-campus resources in your career center or alumni association
- Establish and build the foundation of your professional network
- Assess your current career skills and construct a professional development plan that will make you “career ready”
- Define your personal brand for the workplace
- Help you navigate a career transition within your existing organization, to a new career, or entirely different industry
About Career Ready Coaching
Jeff Chapski is the founder of Career Ready Coaching and author of the book, “Career-ology: The Art and Science of a Successful Career.” He has coached and mentored hundreds of college students and recent graduates as they started their first jobs and launched their careers. Continue reading. . .
Contact Us Today!
To schedule a free 30-minute consultation or learn how we can help, click here.