There are a lot of rules about the use of social media in the office. Some are formal rules while others are less formal, but no less important.
1. Keep messages professional—related to your work, your organization, or your industry.
2. Use casual language, but use proper English that is clear and concise.
3. Share news links, trends, and other relevant information.
4. Interact with colleagues, clients, customers, and followers.
5. Avoid slams and unprofessional language.
6. Post only appropriate photos and images. If you are not sure, don’t post.
7. AVOID USING ALL CAPS AND EMOTICONS. It can be an- noying and look unprofessional.
9. Find examples from social media experts in your industry and learn from them.
10. Be cautious about sharing information that may be sensitive, confidential, embarrassing, or illegal. Again, if you’re not sure, don’t post.