And here’s the final installment of the 15 point list. . .
11) Persevere – You will encounter many challenges in your career. Your response to those challenges will say more about you than your successes.
Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try. ~YODA, Jedi Grand Master
12) Communicate with confidence – Communication via the spoken and written word are one way to demonstrate your professional abilities. Practice public speaking and perfect your writing skills, until you far surpass your peers—the bar is usually not that high.
The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and the lightning bug. ~Mark Twain
13) Display humility – Demonstrate humility and personal accountability in your career and you’ll never go wrong.
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. ~Ernest Hemingway, Author
14) Be flexible – As a recent graduate or new professional, be flexible in your career path. Build career skills that transcend your current function, role and industry make you invaluable in the marketplace and provide more opportunities.
Change is the only constant. ~Heraclitus, Greek Philosopher
15) Make connections – Networking is a key professional skill. If you focus on what you can do for others, networking won’t feel like a chore. Your efforts will be rewarded in what you’ve given and what you will receive.
Dig the well before you are thirsty. ~Chinese Proverb