Jan Wallen’s Mastering LinkedIn in 7 Days or Less is a must read for LinkedIn newbies and experienced users alike. Because of Jan’s extensive professional experience in Fortune 500 and Big 5 firms, her book focuses on the very practical aspects of utilizing LinkedIn to find a job, identify new clients and grow your business.
The book covers the basics from creating your initial profile to searching for and connecting with people in your network. As an extensive user of LinkedIn for her own business, Jan provides many of her own insider secrets, tools and services throughout.
There are specific steps for days #1-7 starting with determining your LinkedIn philosophy. On Day #6, you’ll learn about The Most Important 10 Minutes You’ll Ever Spend in LinkedIn. This information alone is worth the price of the book and the time spent reading it. Each day covers a different topic and by Day #7, you will have had the full tour. Some of the other important topics include:
- Why LinkedIn shouldn’t be used as your electronic resume
- Maximizing your LinkedIn profile with Recommendations & Answers
- Determining your purpose and goals for using LinkedIn
- Why to include the link to your LinkedIn profile in your email signature and how to get your “vanity” link
- 10 Ways You Never Thought of Using LinkedIn
There are many books covering LinkedIn. This is one of the best.