It is critical that you leave a good impression when leaving a job. With social media today, you will encounter the people with whom you’ve worked again in the future– either directly or indirectly. Here are 8 important tips to keep in mind when you are preparing to leave your current job.
- Visit HR to deal with health benefits, 401k and non-compete/non-solicit or other legal documents related to your employment
- Continue to be professional and positive
- Keep deadlines and finish projects
- Build your network and get references from co-workers
- Don’t take anything that doesn’t belong to you– this should go without saying
- Prepare for your exit interview
- Say goodbye– keep it short and sweet
- Stay in contact after you’ve left
Read the entire FINS Finance article by Jeremy Greenfield here.