Why Networking is Important in Your Career
Like any good investment, the hours you put into active networking will pay o well in your future and the bene ts are likely to multiply over time. Some of the many bene ts that may be ex- changed among people in your professional network include:
- Job opportunities
- Professional recommendations
- New customers, clients, investors, advisors
- New business partners
- Joint-venture opportunities
- Recommendations for professional services such as accountants, lawyers, graphic artists, or web developers
- News, trends, and important events in your industry or business community
- Referrals to other people who you may want to join your network
- Recommendations for personal service providers such as doctors, restaurants, vacation spots, and more.
You’ll notice that I said above, “the many benefits that may be exchanged among people.” I didn’t say, “the many bene ts that you may receive.” A professional network always involves give and take. And give usually comes first.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!